Thursday, August 26, 2010

Timing

A friend of mine sent me a sweet email this afternoon, thanking me for my timing. We had been talking throughout the day and I sent her some words of encouragement - just for being a good friend.

Little did I know, she was on her way to deliver school pictures to a family who had just lost a child. She had previously shared our story with this family but was unsure how to approach them today. My words, at just the write time, gave her the courage she needed. She called it a wink from God.

I was so glad to do so, even though I didn't know I was helping at the time. It made me realize how powerful words can be. These past two years, writing as much as I have, I've noticed how writing can change someone. Simple letters put together into sentences evoke emotions, both good and bad. I pray daily that I use this gift God's given me, for words to flow so freely, in the right way and that I do so to honor him. Sometimes I fail, but it is truly something I strive for, as writing brings me more joy than I could ever imagine. It is just something I love to do and always have. To know though that my writings sometimes help others makes me feel even more blessed.

I reflected for awhile on my friend's comment on timing. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and in God's time. Sometimes I don't understand, or even agree with it, but most often I can look back and see that whatever happened was at just the right time. Whether it was a blessing or a time of difficulty, it led to something else and brought us closer to the path God chose for us. May I live the rest of my life believing that, trusting in his ways and his timing.


"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

Ecclesiastes 3:1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png