Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Perfect Brownie Pan

"Mom! The present you've always wanted is in the next aisle...STOP!"

This was the exclamation I heard today while shopping. Noah, just returning from the restroom, noticed something that I just had to have. He snuck around to get another glance then bounced back in front of me.

"Do you know how many stores I've searched for this in? Do you know how many holidays have passed that I wanted to get this for you?" he says, still very excited.

I'm not quite sure what is in the next aisle but I think I need it! I asked him what he wanted me to do about it.

He pauses for a moment, thinking, and then responds, "Well...it is $19.88 and that is cheaper than they show on TV. I have the money back at the house in my wallet (way more than that actually) and I can pay you back.??"

Looking into those beautiful, puppy dog eyes, how could I say no? For $19.88 it didn't matter if it was a pad of paper. He wanted me to have it and had obviously researched and planned it for some time. I agreed and he bolted for the next aisle, pulling my cart with him. I had to remain in my spot and upon his return agree to follow him at a safe distance to the counter. Once at the counter, I had to turn around backwards while he loaded the cart. Only when this magical present was wrapped in the protection of a Wal-Mart bag, could I turn around to pay. This procedure continued at the truck. (Hey - maybe I should let him buy me a gift every time I go shopping? I didn't have to lift a finger!)

At the house, I was promptly placed on the couch, eyes closed, as he darted off to his bedroom. Moments later, he comes strutting out, pillow case slung on his back and shouting, "Ho! Ho! Ho!...Happy Birthday!"

He then adds a disclosure, "I'm so sorry that you had to wait two birthdays and a Christmas (and some holidays in between) to receive this." And, laying pillowcase on lap, "Open and Enjoy!"
To my surprise and amusement I opened none other than - The Perfect Brownie Pan! I remembered seeing this on TV months back and Noah's reaction of "We must have this!" Of course, he says this with nearly every infomercial so I didn't give much thought afterwards. Apparently, he did.

As I'm opening the box, he includes sidebars of, "But it doesn't just make brownies, Missy..." and "Look at this beautiful display shelf..." (I think I've found his calling. Perhaps we should start calling him Ronco!) At any rate, I've chuckled so much at this point, it wouldn't matter I ever used the thing. This little present has given me more joy than a tree full of gifts on Christmas day!

And there's a money back guarantee that the Blair family will be having brownies tonight...and that they'll all be perfectly square!







HSR36FFF6W6S

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok, that is too cute! Nothing like the excitement of a child.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png