Wednesday, August 4, 2010

yellow gumballs

Sometimes it is the simplest things that can bring joy into our day. Today, mine came in the form of small, yellow gumballs.


I've never been a big fan of bananas by themselves but I like them in dishes such as banana bread, ice cream, and other desserts. Actually, I love anything that is banana flavored. Apparently the majority of the world does not agree. (It wouldn't be the first time I've not gone with the crowd!)


The plus for me in this is that when yellow treats, which is the token color to signify banana, are mixed with others, I can have my share and more. People who know and love me well will set aside their yellow goodies especially for me. I remember growing up that my best friend did this and my husband has always let me pick out the yellow runts or gumballs he's eating.


Today, I was sweetly surprised with a Ziploc bag of yellow gumballs. This in itself would be a treat but it was even sweeter because it was unexpected. I didn't remember even sharing with this person that I liked yellow gumballs. Thinking back, it was several months ago and we were passing around the gum in a meeting. I must have mentioned it in passing and never thought about it again. It stuck with them though and they remembered and took the time to hand pick out each yellow ball of sunshine goodness for me. That was what made the gift so special.



For the rest of the day, each time I looked down at my sack, I was reminded that someone thought of me. What a great joy! Such a simple idea but it brought happiness to my day. I hope that I never get too busy to appreciate the small joys like this in my life...or the people who bring it to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png